26/11/2011

Hello from Melinoe! Also Bonus CreeperCross-stitch

This blog seems to have slept through the autumn, sorry about that!
Part of the reason behind this is the busy nature of us contributors and part of this (at least for me) was Minecraft.

So, in my quest to combine craft with Minecraft, I have been cross-stitching characters and items from the game. The pixelated graphics of the game really help! I have made a quick chart below of one of the coolest yet deadliest monsters from the game, the iconic creeper. The creeper is a stealthy leafy creature with an explosive temper that can ruin your carefully made block based world! A force of nature to be reckoned with.

















It's only a small piece, 10x10 as it was intended to be used as a decoration for a Christmas gift I am working on. It took me much longer than it ought to have done as I'm a little rusty at my stitching but its easy to follow.

I used black, a mid bright green, a mossy green and a variegated green thread for the pattern, but any different greens would work, the colours are just a suggestion. I plan on doing more so if there are any requests I shall see what I can do!












"That'sss a niccce blogposssst there..."


I hope that this post has been fun and useful! Good crafting!

Melinoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, we'd love to hear from you!